This missing step detector upgrade kit for escalators replaces rollers with proximity sensors for less wear and tear.
The New Missing Step Detector Upgrade improves customer confidence in their equipment as it shuts down the unit when it detects a missing step – this new kit provides improved reliability.
Improves passenger safety by eliminating frequent fast stops with older Missing Step Detector technology.
- This kit can be used as an upgrade for Montgomery escalators that were shipped with the old roller-type missing step detector device. The updated solution utilizes new technology to make the missing step detector device more reliable and simpler to service with new proximity switches.
- The new kit can be installed on escalators that have controllers that operate on 24 VAC or 24 VDC. On escalators that have controllers that operate on other voltages, three (3) relays and sockets must be added.
- Our kit fits most escalators, not just the Montgomery HRs!
Upgrading reduces the potential for expensive repairs.
- With old mechanical solutions the tension created presses against the side of the step or pallet. This pressure can cause the step demarcation over time to dislodge the demarcation from the step.
- Utilizes proximity sensors that do not touch the step, eliminating the frequent call backs on tripped switches.
- Also prevents damage to steps themselves with the upgraded kit.
- Further reliability with no moving parts affected by humidity/corrosion in new NEMA 4 enclosure.
Increases tenant satisfaction.
This new and improved Missing Step Detector creates increased reliability for your tenants. It can reduce call backs and downtime, as the unit remains in service with less interruptions, and is accurate when a true shutdown is necessary.
Learn more, or get a quote.
Give us a call today to learn more, get a quote, or to see if the KONE Spares Missing Step Detector Kit with Proximity Sensors will work with your escalators.